Tuesday, August 2, 2011 5:03 PM

Close Call (no call)
                Hi All,

  I am updating a day early because I have stuff to talk about and people are asking about updates.  Things have been kind of hard the lasr few weeks.  My emotions are worn out and it is becoming harder and harder to stay upbeat and positive.  I really thought I would be done with all of this by now and on my way to a full and wonderful life.  I have been stuck in the house for most of the summer and I am starting to get pissed that I am wasting my life.  I am still going to the trandplant support group at the U and spending alot of time talking with girl transplant survivors.  Also poor Dane hears alot and gets the brunt of my anger and frusteration.  So, I am really trying to work on outlets of my emotions but it isn’t easy.  I have to learn other ways to deal with things, I can’t go work out or drink, etc. so I have to figure it out.
  Last night was a close call in that I felt so terrible I was afraid that I would have to be admitted to the hospital again.  I had alot of chest pain and pressure.  Also, in the middle of the night my pump was alarming because of high pressure in the line.  Most of the time that is because there is a clot in the line or a pinch in the line.  In this case none of those things happened.  As of right now we think that the pressure in the upper chambers of my heart is high and that is where the cathader tip ends. Therefore, everytime the pump advanced it was pushing against the high pressure in my atra and alarming.  Early this morning Dane switched lines for my medication to flow into and it stopped the alarming.  I also slept on two pillows proping myself up and took something to relax and I was able to sleep really well until about noon.  I feel better today and skipped cardio rehab so I could sleep in and take it easy today.  We decided that Dane should stay home with me today just in case I did need to go in or I needed more help with my pump.  Thank god nothing happened today and I am feeling much better.
  There was a transplant two days ago at the U, I have that the patient is doing well and I may recover the patient on Thursday also with other heart patients in the hospital.
  I have to say Dane and I are getting good at  scrabble and other games on my tablet.  It has been a real life saver for me.  Lizzy is also helping to snuggle with me during the days.  She is much healthier now that I am home all day.  I may spoil her even more :
  I hope everyone is doing well and I hope to post next time with good news.
Bless everyone,

About marialegatt

I am a 33 year old girl (I say girl because I act and look young all the time) who has had heart disease her whole life. In the last few years I have had severe congestive heart failure and in August of this year recieved a heart transplant. This is my journey to be girl/woman who I could never have been before. I plan to set outstanding goals and achievements and hope people support me along the way good or bad.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s